Thursday, October 4, 2007

A short introduction












Although I’ve done wedding photography for many years, my main focus was on creating wedding videos. You can see some of my wedding video work at www.islandproductiongroup.com.


After attending a model photography workshop held by Rolando Gomez in Hana, Hawaii, I realized how much I really enjoyed the creative process of glamour/beauty photography.

Thanks mainly to the help of one of the models I met at the workshop, I have continued to learn and grow as a photographer by doing glamour/beauty photography. In the months since the workshop, I have learned so much more about lighting, posing, Photoshop, digital workflows etc. than I ever did before. Yet at the same time, I realize how much I still have to learn. What I learn in glamour/beauty photography also helps me be a better wedding photographer/videographer as well.

Please check out the galleries at www.mizomi.com to see the works I’ve helped to create. The images you see are the result of a team effort with very creative (and sometimes wacky) models, dedicated makeup artists, amazing hairstylists and resourceful assistants. I have had so much fun working with these people and have made many new friends along the way.

No comments: