Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More from this weekend with Karin and Tasha

A few more images from the shoot this past weekend.

Natural lighting on this shot of Tasha - Canon 5D with an 85mm 1.8 lens. I really like the looks I get with this lens.


This was also shot with the 85mm 1.8 lens. Used a silver Lastolite trigrip reflector for fill.




Chaz, the other photographer on this shoot, did a "Tomb Raider" themed shoot with Tasha. When he finished, I had Tasha put on a white shirt and shoulder holsters over her tomb raider outfit and had her whip around a few times to get this shot.

This last shot of Karin is one I've been wanting to do for a few years. It's a shot inspired by photographer Bill Lemon. I actually shot something like this a few years ago for another model for her own portfolio use only, and I liked the lighting style so much I wanted to recreate it for my own portfolio.


It's a pretty simple setup. The black background is about 10 feet behind her and she is sitting on black satin sheets. The lighting is just one WL1600 in a small softbox aimed down at her. I can't remember if I had the grid on the softbox or not.

What I really like about this shot is that because of the shadows created by the light and her pose, you can't really tell if she is wearing anything. She appears to be nude because your mind fills in the blanks. I like images that make you think.

No comments: